Sunday 9 May 2010

All about me

I have been a freelance, almost full time artist since 2003 starting in Manchester and now living in Sussex. I love to use colour and pattern in my work whether it's still lives, buildingscapes or people I'm painting. Usually I work on canvas although more work is now painting on the 3 dimensional; i.e. cows for Cowparade Manchester 2004, elephants for Elephant Family London 2010 and coffins for buriel and cremation.

I am inspired by nature, colour and the environment. I am a keen organic, wildlife gardener at home and in the community. I believe passionately about our world environment and all forms of life within it. Although often feeling swamped by the international and national news, I keep telling myself that: 'I can do small things to make a difference'. In a 'small' way I compost, re-use and recycle, garden organically, feed the birds, have a pond, grow vegetables and we are about to get chickens. I confront racism and other 'isms', support people to work together and I paint and promote my beliefs through my work.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mum this is looking great, well done! Can't wait to follow your future blogs x x x

    ReplyDelete